2019 COLA Program
The Central Ohio Leadership Academy is looking to accept students eager to learn and cultivate their own leadership skills. Given the intensive experience, we are also looking for students who are committed and open to learning from peers, staff and guest leaders. Students with passion, ideas and a capacity to positively influence their schools and communities are encourage to apply.
Central Ohio high school juniors and seniors who will graduate in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply.
Program Dates & Hours
July 22nd to July 27th, 2019 at KIPP Columbus, Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Students must be able to attend the program in its entirety to be eligible and participate in our COLA alumni experience.
Selected students participate at no cost thanks to the generous support of The Columbus Foundation, The Easton Community Foundation and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio. Materials and food are also at no cost to students.
KIPP Columbus — 2900 Inspire Dr. Columbus, Ohio 43224
- Attend a Central Ohio High School (public, private, and charter high schools are all eligible)
- Be a rising high school upperclassman planning to graduate in 2020 or 2021
- Be able to attend every day of the program from July 22-27th, 8am-4pm
- Be willing to participate fully in the COLA Alumni experience
- Demonstrate notable leadership ability among peers
- Pursue interests outside of the classroom
- Are eager to learn and self-improve
- Have an interest in becoming a more effective leader